When I open chrome it asks for my email and password. Then…

When I open chrome...

When I open chrome it asks for my email and password. Then it says that I need to log in to another Chrome account

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried having password ***** directions emailed to you?

No, the account that comes up is my grand daughters

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not that i know of

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today!

You shouldn't need to enter an e-mail or password ***** simply open the browser. Are you just trying to navigate to web pages or are you trying to access a Google service like Gmail?

It doesn't seem to matter. I've tried google play, google earth and chrome. On the taskbar there is a puppies face in the chrome symbol.

Okay, so that sounds like a bit of a different issue than was my understanding.

What kind of computer are you using? What operating system?

windows 7

Okay, I'm not sure why you're seeing a puppy's face.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome?

that was my next step. My grand daughter linked her school web site to chrome. every time I open chrome takes me to the sign in page and also opens the school site.

One thing you may want to try doing first is resetting Chrome. To do that, follow these steps:

Click on the Settings icon in the upper right (it should look either like 3 dots or horizontal bars) and then click on Settings. Scroll to the bottom and then click on Advanced. Then scroll to the bottom again and click on Reset. Bear in mind, however, that if you have any passwords saved that this will clear them. So you want to make sure you know all your passwords.

If that doesn't work, the next step would be to completely remove Chrome and reinstall it.

I will try that. Thanks for your help.

No problem. If you don't mind, before leaving this page, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.

ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast