I can't recharge the battery on my new pavilion laptop, hp…

Customer Question
I can't recharge the...

I can't recharge the battery on my new pavilion laptop

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?

Hp pavilion windows 10 laptop, still under waranty

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I spilled soda on the keyboard, cleaned it up, restarted it, worked fine. I found that the battery was't charging, when the charge ran out I can't restart.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/19/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

If its a new laptop, then maybe you can get it repaired through the HP warranty.

WHats happened is when the machine got wet, it shorted out the dc charging board. The part of the machine that takes the electricity coming in, and charges the battery.

It needs to be replaced, definitely. Id try to get it replaced under your warranty first.

This page will get you started..

https://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty

If you have any further questions or issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.