I have a DR430 Toshiba DVD Recorder. I put 3 titles on a…

Customer Question
I have a DR430 Toshiba...
I have a DR430 Toshiba DVD Recorder.I put 3 titles on a disk.
I edited the titles and watch to watch the recordings. The display shows the recording moving by seconds, but the video does not show on my TV.I have not used the recorder in a few years, but it seems like I used to "Finalize" the disk to complete the recording.I could not find anything in the user manual.HELP :) Mark(###) ###-####
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Today is the first time I have tried to use the recorder in a few years..

Can you give me the serial number of it please?

Can I postpone this till tomorrow?

Yes just message me back then, remember to do it on this question..

On Tuesday September 19 I was in contact with Kris R. I was unable to complete the process because I had company. Here is the conversation.Me:
I edited the titles and watch to watch the recordings. The display shows the recording moving by seconds, but the video does not show on my TV.I have not used the recorder in a few years, but it seems like I used to"Finalize" the disk to complete the recording.I could not find anything in the user manual.HELP :) Mark(###) ###-####Kris:
Hi
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
KrisMe:
Today is the first time I have tried to use the recorder in a few years..Kris:
Can you give me the serial number of it please?Me:
Can I postpone this till tomorrow?Kris:
Yes just message me back then, remember to do it on this question..——————————————————OK, I am back.
The serial no. is A37E 7526 4U63 00Can I get some help please?
Mark(###) ###-####
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago

Hi

Ready to look at this

Ok
I'm ready

Ok thanks, ***** ***** connected to a printer?

No

OK let me opt out it seems this is in the wrong category

Tech Support Specialist: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

What software are you using to create the DVD?

I am sorry. I have a DVD recorder
It is a Toshiba
Serial # A37E 7526 4U63 00

Thank you. And what about the software? Are you using a program to create the DVD or are you just dragging and dropping the files?

I think I have to "FINALIZE" the disk
I am not using a computer

You are not using a computer? How are you making the DVD?

With a Toshiba DVD recorder
Cirio number A37E 7526 4U63 00
That was Serial #

Okay, so just so I understand fully, are you trying to record a show from the TV onto a DVD?

I have put 3 "Titles" on the disk. I edited the 3 titles and given them names. I try to watch the program, the minutes spin but no picture or sound.I have not used the recorder for several years, but I remember "FINALIZING" the disk before I was able to watch.
I find nothing in the Owner's Manual about "FINALIZING"

Okay, here are the steps to finalize the DVD:

1. Press the "Setup" button in the lower right-hand corner of the remote control, select "Disc" and press "Enter."
  2. Use the up and down arrow keys to highlight "Finalize" then press "Enter" to display a confirmation window.
  3. Use the up and down arrow keys to select "Yes" then press "Enter." Wait for the "Finalization Complete" message to display before removing the DVD.

Please let me know if that works for you.

I press "SETUP" and have 4 choices
General Settings
Timer Programming
Title List
DVD MenuI choose Title List
--------------------------
Next I have 2 choices
DISC
USB
I choose DISC
_________________________________
Nothing Happens. TV now shows Title List - with my 3 Titles

Try choosing DVD menu

I think it is working.
TV says FinalizingWill let you know in a minute

Excellent, thank you.

I still see no picture or hear any sound?

Since you are using the DVD recorder to play the files and it is still not working after the finalizing of the DVD, it sounds like the files must not have recorded properly. Please check that your cable/satellite box hooks up to the DVD recorder properly, and then the DVD play goes out to the TV.

Were you able to confirm that the cables from the back of the cable box go into the "IN" ports on the back of the DVD recorder?

Will have to try later
Thanks

Okay, please keep me updated. Thank you.

Ok

Thank you.

Hello. Have you been able to get back to this?