John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

I am a windows 10 user using Yahoo email. I received a

I am a windows 10 user using Yahoo email. I received a message telling me I need to uprgrade to Ios10. How do I load IOS 10 on my windows 10 software
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: Yahoo informed me recently that I need to be using IOS 10 by tomorrow or I will no longer be able to access my email.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I use IOS 10 on my iphones and they are up to date. I also access yahoo email using my windows 10 desktop. I should not have a problem accessing Yahoo email from my iphones, but I am concerned about my desktop. Is windows 10 compatible with IOS 10?
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is my main issue right now

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today.

Windows and Apple Operating systems are entirely different.You cannot load IOS on windows 10.From where did you receive this email ?

Are you currently able to access your yahoo email on windows 10 and iphone?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My email account is on the ATT network which uses yahoo. I can access email using iphones (IOS 10) and also using my desktop using Windows 10. I don't understand how it works, but it does. I received an email recently telling my that I will not be able to use my email starting tomorrow if I am now on IOS010 or higher. My concern is will whether I will be able to access my email from my desktop using Windows 10?

Before we do remote support could you please let me know the email address from where you got this email ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I got the email from yahoo on my email:***@******.***

That doesn't look valid att email.Does that email have any links to open?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I got the email from yahoo on my email account: ***@******.*** which I can also access from my desktop

I understand

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I access by selecting att.net, which links to yahoo
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I access email by selecting att.net, which has an email option which links to yahoo. I hope this makes sense to you.

Actually what i meant is that the email from***@******.*** does that email has any web link to update IOS 10 or anything like that ?

Do not open the link just let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it has a link to yahoo, but since my cell phone is currently using IOS10.3.3, I does not appear to be relevant.

Can you post the entire message in that email also are you currently chatting to me from the windows 10 computer or iphone?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am using the windows 10 computer. The message from yahoo said that since I am access email from my iPhone using IOS 8, it will not longer work after tomorrow. This is incorrect, since I have upgraded to IOS 10.3.3 a couple of weeks ago.

Do you have any older versions of iPhones with you also did you check in the about option in General setting in iphone ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Her is the messageThank you for being a loyal Yahoo Mail user. We noticed that you are accessing your Yahoo email using the Apple Mail app on a device running iOS 8.0.As of September 20th, 2017, you will no longer be able to access your Yahoo email from Apple devices using iOS 8.0. To ensure continued access to your Yahoo email from your device, you may:1. Use Yahoo Mail’s mobile web experience to access your email from a browser on your Apple device at http://mail.yahoo.com.
2. Update iOS on your Apple device to a version of iOS 9 or above. You can learn more on Apple’s help pages. If you’re unable to update your operating system, you can manually add your existing Yahoo Mail account to the Apple Mail app using these steps.
3. Or for the best experience, we recommend using the Yahoo Mail app with iOS 10.0 or higher to check your email. Download app from iTunes.
Sincerely, ***** team

That message seems to be genuine but it can be send to all email users or do you have any older versions of iPhones with you also did you check in the about option in General setting in iphone ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My wife and I both have cell phones and share the same email account which is accessible to both us. Now that you mention it, I am not certain that she has upgraded her phone to IOS 10.3.3. Perhaps this message was meant for her. I am still concerned that I will still be able to access my email from my desktop by connecting to email through the att network. Do you see any problem with this?

There wont be any issue accessing your yahoo email on windows 10 computer because its the latest version.When yahoo sends an email it will be shown on your yahoo email account on all devices.If your wife is using a older version IOS then the message is for that device so try to update it.

Also are you accessing your yahoo email on web browser like Chrome,Edge or email application like windows 10 email app,Microsoft outlook ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much. I am 70 years old and not a savvy internet user. I appreciate your help with. this. I will contact my wife to ensure that her phone is updated to IOS 10. I checked her ipad too and it has been updated to IOS 10.3.3. Perhaps Yahoo is sending this message to all users to put them on notice. I assumed that they verified that we are using an old IOS 8 version, and I will check my wife's cellphone when she is available. Thanks again

You are welcome.

If you do not have any further questions please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,