I am a senior citizen and I am trying to teach myself

Customer Question
I am a senior...

I am a senior citizen and I am trying to teach myself OneNote which I love. I have an apple pencil. When I type notes from a book and then use the pencil for my notes it works great. When I add more text my apple pencil notes shift. Is there a work around for this?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

A windows laptop

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes I sync to my Ipad as well

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/19/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 11 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Unfortunatly not sorry, the reason is the pen strokes are treated as pictures once made, these are treated in a different manner to text which are treated as ASCII charachters.

When you add text, it needs to shift the pencil notes to make way for the formating which is the parts of the pictures around the notes you cannot see.

It is the way it has to handle this unfortunatley.

Very unfortunate it cost so much just to hear that. I am displeased but that is life I guess.

I am sorry about that, I can only answer your question honestly

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

and if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you