I cant open my phone, my google account is lockedout. yes, i…

Customer Question
I cant open my...

I cant open my phone

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

My google account is lockedout.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I need my phone work ..i didnt have phone service. trying to talk with verizon .i need to speak with person.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/19/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Whats the name brand and model of your phone?

And also, what do you mean specifically by it wont open?

If you still cant get into your phone, then here's what you have to do. Do NOT change the google password again, newer android phones have whats called FRP , factory reset protection. What this does is lock out a google account even if it has a correct password, after the phone is factory reset.

To get around this, you just have to wait. Wait 48 hours since your last google password ***** and you will then be able to sign into the reset phone, using the current working google password ***** the last google account that was signed into the phone before the factory reset.

Again, do not change the password ***** all, as all you will do is extend the lockout time. While this can be a serious pain, its considered an antitheft and account security feature If you have any further questions or issues let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.