Lately every time I check e-mails a message comes up "Mail…

Customer Question
Lately every time I...

Lately every time I check e-mails a message comes up "Mail server password *****" I've tried every password *****'ve ever used and none work. How do I get the password ********@******.*** on imap.googlemail.com and why doesn't the message say how to get it? Ron Howes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

A long time ago no doubt.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

My wife recently got a new mini Ipad. That may be a factor.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 11 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.
Sure, you can restore access to your email account easily if you have set your recovery phone and email address (prior to the login issue) and that information is still valid.

Remember, it is not always possible to recover an account, especially if recovery information is outdated or or not set prior to the issue
Have you tried yet going via account recovery procedure? Or would you like me to remote into your computer and work on it with you?

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.