I paid for AVG for 2 yrs. When I tried installing it after…

Customer Question
I paid for AVG...

I paid for AVG for 2 yrs. When I tried installing it after downloading it would not take the license number

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

Five years

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I would like to know if what I took for the license number is ***** that number

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

When did you pay for AVG, today? Or have you had and used the paid version for a while?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Thank you for your reply,
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

I paid yesterday. I have updated Windows 10
Now what?
what is happening?

When you paid, you should have received an email receipt from AVG. In that receipt you should see the license key.

If you cant find it, you can use this form to locate your license key.

https://www.avg.com/en-us/license-retrieval

If you get stuck, or run into any issues or need me to connect to your computer and do this for you, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.