I want to change my main computer password. Acer, lap top,

Customer Question
I want to change...

I want to change my main computer password.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

Acer, lap top, Microsoft

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes, Epson printer update

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Using the support number 1-***-***-**** my computer had to be cleared of a Trojan last Friday.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

When your computer was cleared of a trojan, did you get a popup or a phone call from some company, and end paying them to clear the trojan? If so, what was the companys name and how much did you pay them?

Also, in order to fix the password ***** I need to know what version of windows you have on the machine, windows 7, windows 8 or windows 10?

Thank you for your reply,
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)