My Microsoft account will not recognize my password,

Customer Question
My Microsoft account will...

My Microsoft account will not recognize my password

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

HP15-BS033CL

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Windows 10

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 11 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Is this in order to sign into your outlook.com account online?

Please let me know

To open my computer I need a Microsoft account password. I had one but it will not recognize it.
No

Thanks

Can you tell me the email address it is listing there above the password ***** please

Hello
When I turn the computer on the windows 10 screen comes up and asks for a password
My password ***** to be Micro5477.

ok, but I need to know please. Can you tell me the email address it is listing there above the password ***** please

Above the password ***** is Ginger Nicks

But you do not see an email address?

No there is a windows 10 backdrop

ok, then there is no way to reset this online as you used an internal account, not an email address as the sign in.

In this situation you have to reinstall windows, there is no way to get around this. It will remove all your data and return the computer to new, but you cannot avoid this, it is the whole point of the security.

To do this, hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard and with it held down, click on the power icon on the screen then restart.

Keep shift held down until it has restarted and your at a menu.

Choose from this menu, Troubleshoot, then Reset My PC.

You will have to choose to remove all your files for this to work.

Let this complete and once it has, you will need to setup your computer again just like when you first received it.

Let me know please how you go.

Thank you. But I don't like that answer. Bye

ok.. but it is the reality of the situation, what else is it you wish to do that is possible? Whilst you may not like it this is the case.