I need to reset my password. I got a new computer and it…

Customer Question
I need to reset...

I need to reset my password. I got a new computer and it won't let me in without my password ***** my "microsoft account."

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Windos 10 and the new one is a Lenovo ideapad320

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes. when i originally turned it on, it said it had updates to get

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

On the login screen of the computer does it display an email address in addition to your user name?

Your Microsoft account is an email address. It could be one just created or the one you use every day.

We'll need to find out which e-mail address the computer is using if it is not showing on your screen.

To do that,

start or restart the computer such that you are looking at the login screen (but don't log in)

Hold down the left Shift key and keep it down, click the Power icon in the lower right corner (far right) and

click Restart.

Release the Shift key when you see the "Choose an Option" screen

On the "Choose an Option" screen,

click Troubleshoot

click Advanced Options

click System Restore

the computer will restart and you'll see "Preparing System Restore"

select your account and the page will change and you'll see the e-mail address.

Please let me know what that address is and we can reset the password ***** it.