I have signed up for a Skype account on my daughter's tablet…

Customer Question
Hi there, I...

Hi there, I have signed up for a Skype account on my daughter's tablet as it's already downloaded. I got on it and was messaging a family member when I got kicked out of it, said something like it had been compromised. It has asked me to reset, change password ***** not sure if it's for microsoft account or the skype account but now I can't sign in. Not sure why?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

I am messaging you on a Mac but the Skype account is set up on a Samsung Android tablet.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I don't believe so, I generally don't go on it. My daughter uses it for games that have been downloaded and looking at pictures. How could I go about doing any updates? Where would I look?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It's a galaxy Tab E

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/17/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Open the link below from your computer and try to log in and let me know if you can do it or not?

https://login.skype.com/login?message=signin_continue&client_id=360605&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F

I see a My account page but don't see the actual page where the address book icon and split page is where you can message a contact.
Will I be able to connect with the Samsung Galaxy E tab tablet that is what I originally set up the Skype account on as it had an icon
I just tried to sign in on the tablet and it is showing a message saying unable to sign in. Why?
Ok, just changed my password ***** like the fourth time and it says it's been reset but when I log in to Skype, it says unable to sign in. Again, why?!

How did you reset the password?

I said I forgot my password ***** changed it and it said it worked. When I used the new password, i get a message that says unable to sign in.
Can I do an update on the tablet to see that it's secure? Where do I go to find any updates?

Can you use that new password ***** your computer to log in?

it's not working on the tablet. Why is that when the tablet is newer than my laptop?

Do you use the same email address on both Computer and Tablet to sign in to Skype?

I registered with my email address that's on my computer on the tablet
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

on your mac computer..open www.skype.com in a new browser window

let me know if you are able to sign in to skype