I seem to have "forgot" my password to log on to access SS…

Customer Question
I seem to have...

I seem to have "forgot" my password ***** log on to access SS and Medicare information

Technician's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NE

Technician's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I am just new to this and trying to get to know how to navigate the site etc. better.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, just how to log on (e.g., create new password ***** whatever)

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/17/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

just now - but I have not been on the site for many weeks, and the password ***** wrote down may have been incomplete. Finally, I want to know if this email exchange is secure since it involves such important access information to extremely important data.

This is public and should not be used for secure data. We can go into a secure remote assistance If you want, it's extra on top of your current charges.

No offense, but I don't know how I got connected to this. Usually on any site requiring username, password ***** there is a procedure for verifying identity and then changing password ***** whatever for free, and I gave out my visa # and will be charged $5 already from what I did (and I am not sure if I should have proceeded even that far). I will carry on my own but can you assure me that my visa # is absolutely secure and not at risk from what I have already done. I can afford the $5 I likely did not need to pay, and if I am charged for that, it is OK. It is long term security I am concerned about. Is all OK?

Our service is not $5 you have been charged more than this.

I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-####for the full costs.

Once you're ready to continue let me know.