Error message 0x80090016, since a very slow update 4hrs ago,

Customer Question
Error message 0x80090016 Technician's...

Error message 0x80090016

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, how often have you been getting this particular message?

Since a very slow update 4hrs ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes, then turn on, then that error comes up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It keeps giving me that error when I put my pin no. in and press enter

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer
9/17/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, what program are you using when you get this error?

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

window 10 but not on this laptop

What version of windows do you have on the machine with the problem then, if its not this laptop?

I can not even open my other computer it asks for my pin the error message come up

What version of windows do you have on that other computer?

as i said the computer having trouble with, it is not letting open it, I am using my 2rd laptop

I need you to answer the questions I ask you, please.

the computer I want you to look at, you need to sign on to it first

No, I need you to answer the question Ive asked you several times.

windows 10

What we need to do is force the machine to get to the recovery screen, the blue screen with advanced and t roubleshooting options.

To get there, follow these steps carefully.

Start the computer, immediately press and hold power to force it to shut down.

Wait 5 seconds, now Start the computer, immediately press and hold power to force it to shut down.

Repeat those steps 5 times, and on the sixth time, let it start normally. It should take you to a blue screen.

You then want to choose troubleshooting, advanced, and then choose system restore. Now, choose a restore point that was at least one day before the issue started. It should carry out the restore and that should fix the issue.

If you get stuck, run into any issues or if this doesnt work let me know and I will continue to assist you as needed.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Hello again, I never heard back from you.. Did my suggestions help you solve the issue? If so, please click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to assist you.

Ir you still need help, reply and we can continue working on this issue. If you no longer need help, still send a reply so that I can send you the refund link.

Thank you,

Dustin S