I forgot my password and can't reset it. Probably when I…

Customer Question
I forgot my password...

I forgot my password ***** can't reset it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

Probably when I purchased the computer a little over a year ago. Actually I thought my PIN was my password.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Windows installed and update and I lost the Windows photo program. I contacted the Geek Squad and they needed my password. What I thought was my password *****'t work and I can't get the reset program to work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

There might be but I don't know what it would be. Let's say I'm not tech savy

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
9/16/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

The problem is I thought my PIN was my password ***** always just used the PIN. I forgot I had to create a password ***** I purchased the computer. When I lost the Windows photo program I called the Geek Squad. I forgot the password ***** haven't been able to get it reset. Part of the problem is I have no clue what they're asking for. Example: They provide a partial email address and ask me to provide the rest. I've provided just the missing part, a number of letters equal to the stars, the whole email nothing works. All I want is my password ***** and I can't get it done.

I see you have requested remote assistance but this failed to go through.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-#### renter the details or contact the CC/Bank to remove the block
Regards
Kris

Andy, Computer Consultant