Windows is trying to do update but after it reaches 100%

Customer Question
Windows is trying to...

Windows is trying to do update but after it reaches 100% complete it say we couldn't complete undoing changes. Looking to see what the problem is it says cumulative update for windows 10 1703 forx64 based systems (KB)4038788.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Hp

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Windows is automatic I did do a adobe update but I did this after getting the error msg.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just pls fix it is driving me nuts.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/16/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Is your computer stuck during the update process, and it wont start or boot properly?

Or, are you able to sign in and boot, but just cant finish the update?

Thank you for your reply,
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

It says 100% complete and the msg comes up couldn't complete. This happens everyday and it is getting old
could not complete comes up right after it says 100%

Allright.. Would you like me to connect to your computer from here and fix the issue. It may take about an hour, more or less. If I am successful there would be a 30$ fee payable once the service is successful. If I cant fix the issue you will receive a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try that, or just written support ? At the normal fee?

Thank you for your reply,
Dustin S.

written support and what is the normal fee. I don't feel I should pay any thing as this error msg is coming from you it is not my computer.
Are you still here?

Justanswer doesnt make computers , software , nor do we create error messages. This is a paid technical support service.

If you dont want paid help, then youve come to the wrong place. Do you want to continue with paid help, written support or otherwise?

paid help pls but what is the charge?
I am sorry I want written support.

47$ total for written support. 77$ total if you want guaranteed support, where I connect to your computer and fix the issue for you, or else you get a full refund.

We need to start by repairing the windows update engine.. So start here

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/971058/how-do-i-reset-windows-update-components

Its a long process. If you get stuck at any point or have any questions, or want me to do this for you. Let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Dustin are you still here?

Im here.. I sent you some steps to follow. Did you get stuck?

Do you need help?

Can I pay an additional 30.00 and get the guaranteed support. No way am I going to do this I know for sure I would screw it up.

Lets go ahead and connect, and if I can fix the issue Ill send you the payment screen.

To start the connection, please click this link

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=fe876c55-336a-4961-bce6-d5f48d7dd68d

On the next page, scroll down and click the agree button.. It should then ask you to save or run the elsinore screen connect file. Run it, and then when it asks you to allow it, do so. That will connect us.

If you get stuck completing the above steps try them again, and if you still cant connect send a reply and let me know what web browser you are using, so I can give you specific steps on how to connect.

Dustin S

Dustin are you here I hope so as computer is not fixed still giving me same error msg.

We got disconnected, and I lost your number or else you didnt respond to my text.

Lets reconnect. ( if you have time ) Here is a new link

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=cd00bdc7-6b84-4248-bba0-c0a316ec70bd

Dustin S

Dustin are you back from break yet?

We got disconnected so I figured you had ended the session.

Lets reconnect, hopefully we should be close to finishing up after that system restore.

Dustin S

Hopefully, tommorow will be our last session.. Dont forget to get back to me in the morning!

Thank you for your reply,
Dustin S.

Hi Dustin I have been waiting to hear from you I have called and emailed you please respond. Thank you

Calling now.

D.S