You have recently up dated my computer, Windows 10, and

Customer Question
You have recently up...

You have recently up dated my computer, Windows 10, and since then I have "lost many files, all 2017 ones! No doubt they are there somewhere but not where I can find them. Hopefully you can as many are very important. This is the second time this has happened after your updates. last time a friend spent many hours retrieving them but sadly he is no longer here. If I click on a "Recent" file it says this file cannot be found or similar. HELP please, bearing in mind I am NOT very technical. YOURS HOPEFULLY AND WITH CONFIDENCE IN YOU, Marian

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

Compaq P.C. running Windows 10 with Microsaft Office 365

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No, but YOU have, Updates installed automatically. Nothing else

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to know if you can work a miracle soon, as we need to do lots of work for our Church and all my info is "Gone" Help"

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/16/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Eric S,
 replied 11 months ago
Eric S

I apologize for the wait. My Name is ***** ***** I am here to assist you.

So I understand you are missing files after an update to Windows 10?

Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 11 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

I can help you

the "recent" file is just a list of files that you have used recently

if that list gets wiped out the files are still on your computer

just not in the recent list

you can search for them by putting the name or part of the name in the search thing on the bottom left next to the start menu icon

or you can try hitting the documents icon on the bottom tool bar that looks like a manilla folder with a blue clip on the bottom

once you click that select documents or pictures and look in those places for your missing files

If this works for you, I would greatly appreciate if you would take a moment to hit the stars or smiley face to give me an excellent rating. Your rating is the only way that i can receive credit from this site, and i try to do this for a living. thank you

If you need more help i am available to speak with you on the phone and even remote into your computer to find your files and show you where they are and how to get to them in the future.