I have just received a phone call from someone saying he is…

Customer Question
I have just received...

I have just received a phone call from someone saying he is from micro soft he gave me a number 1-***-***-****. I am asking if he ius really from Microsoft or nis it a hacker

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Laptop running windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/16/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, that person is a scammer and not associated with Microsoft. Microsoft will never call you regarding your computer and anyone that calls regarding your computer is a scammer. Please ignore the phone call and you can continue to use your computer without any issues.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.