I have lost my hard drive, so I bought a new one and am

Customer Question
I have lost my...

I have lost my hard drive, so I bought a new one and am trying to recover the hard drive is not being recognized

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Asus Q550LF

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Windows 10 did an update but that was not the problem the hard disk was corrupted so now I have a recover stick and a new hard drive question the old hard disk was 5400 rpm

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The new one is 7500 rpm will that be a problem?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
this is a laptop not a computer. The disk was corrupted and needed to be replaced.
9/16/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 11 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The speed of the hard drive will not be a problem.

First you must install Windows, then you can run the recovery disk.