I didn't notice an electric net disturb. My computer stopped…

Customer Question
Hi, I didn't notice...

Hi, I didn't notice an electric net disturb. My computer stopped and since then it is extremely slow. The harddisk has 100% usage. I keep on getting recommondations to load tools, free unless it has to repair, and then these repairs did not solve the problem: slow. And downloading, installing en scanning takes hours and hours.

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

Three years

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

HP EliteBook 8740w with Windows10

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?

3 years ago. I tried reorg disk with cleanup and defrag. I checked Hitachi and another type to check the disk: healthy. And a few tools to scan.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't know for now

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/16/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What antivirus are you using?

Where are you getting recommendations from? The pc? Popups?

Have you ran a speed test?

Are you using wifi or ethernet?

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support?

Thank you for your response,
~Franklin

Fine
Oh now another payment. No thanks.

Im, sorry. I didn't understand you response to 'fine'. Please answer the questions below or leave a reply to what you

would like to do?

Have you ran a speed test?

Are you using wifi or ethernet?

We can continue here written if you prefer.

No poppups. Very often the status 'reading swap'.
Did not do speedtest ... which?
Using wifi (always)

Ok, we have a couple of things we can do to start.

1. We can reset your pc back to before the date this happened to eliminate all of this.

It will keep your files, but the programs and if there was an 'attachment' you picked up, it

will remove that as well.

2. We are going to run a speed test, antivirus, clear all your browsers, addons, extensions and sfc scan to see what is going on with your windows

files and repair if possible. These will take time.

Please advise.

1. Going back to status before is not relevant in case of hardware failure.
Is it useful in case swapfiles etc are corrupt?
2. Scans on this slow computer takes maybe 24 hrs ......

I understand. It isnt hardware failure we are going to troubleshoot.

It sets your machine back to the 'time' before this happened if you can remember a round

about date, but keeps your files from beginning til today, and your programs will still be

in tact up to the day this started.

Yes, the scans can take time, which is why after were try to restore its health, we would

most likely put you in safemode to stop whatever background process that is making your pc

drag.

You can test that by putting your pc in safemode right now. Dont do anything else.

Just put it in safemode with networking and try to navigate opening/closing programs and

surfing the net. Test this to see if you are surfing any faster/slower. If programs are running

better. If your task manager shows high usage etc.