My start button doesn't work, I have some knowledge, but am…

Customer Question
My start button doesn't...

My start button doesn't work

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

I have some knowledge, but am not great

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Last night two updates installed only partially

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

When I right click on the screen to look at properties it doesn't work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to assist you today.

Just to clarify, are you running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10? When did this issue first start with the start button?

Windows 10
No. Just tell me what to do. I have tried several fixes that didn't work.
I'm sorry I didn't check sooner. I was away for the weekend and just got back online.
The problem started about two weeks ago. I tried "restore" but it didn't fix it. I had not downloaded anything or installed any new software. I first noticed it when my screensaver wouldn't go off after I moved the mouse. I have to control, alt, delete to get back to my desktop. I see a lot of Microsoft Office updates on 9/12, but don't see any Windows updates. Most of the Control Panel items work. Taskbar and Navigation does not.