The Passport is recognized some days and not other days. For…

Customer Question
The Passport is recognized...

The Passport is recognized some days and not other days. For example, it was not recognized on Wednesday, but everything was ok yesterday. The USB connections are secure.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? Have you had problems with the USB port in the past?

It's a Dell Core i5, 7th generation. I'll need to look up the model number. And I haven't had any problem with the port previously. It's the same port that was used initially to set up Passport.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Only the routine Windows updates.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so, do you think they need more info?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris