My computer needs a tune up. I was told by an indian or

Customer Question
My computer needs a...

My computer needs a tune up. I was told by an indian or packastani that their computer had reported a huge amount of traffic. He said my computer was being taken over by a group from Nigeria. I refused to pay them the 299.00 they were asking and my computer went black. They said I has to pay them the 299.00 plus an addional 199.00 for insurance. They said they would not lifr the computer screen untill i ageed to theit demands. I paid them the 499.99 and they said the pass code was 123 and it come back on. I need help

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

It is an HP running windows 7. It is about 5 years old. the screen issue has been about a month.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I don't think so.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to be sure that these guys can't get to me.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
9/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Andy, Computer Consultant