I cannot remember my Microsoft password for my PC. I do not…

Customer Question
Hello. I cannot...

Hello. I cannot remember my Microsoft password ***** my PC. I do not have a password ***** disc.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Windows 7. Gateway.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No. I just restarted it this morning.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I don't think so. Thank you.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Is your microsoft email account attached to your log in on a windows 7 computer?

Are you sure its a 7?

What do you see when you go to log in? Email name or local account with just your name there?

Just the Microsoft password ***** Yes it is 7.

Have you tried the reset yet through your microsoft for your email?

What does your email have after the @sign? Outlook? Gmail?

I can't get that far.

I dont understand. What do you see.

Blue Microsoft screen. In middle, thumbnail picture of an orange flower. Below that is my name, Jeralyn. Below that is password ***** Below that is switch user button. If I select that it prompts to skip password ***** log in with my face, when I try to enter my password ***** comes back with The user needs or password ***** ***** Password ***** ****. Reset password. If I select Reset password ***** get taken to a prompt to insert the password ***** cdo, which I do not have. There must be so easy to bypass this password ***** so I can operate my PC. Thanks.

There is no easy way to bypass that or it would be vulnerable to hacking by anyone.

Is your pc a desktop or laptop?

Also, do you know the email attached to your pc?

Desktop PC. EMail is Outlook. Can I get an email ail sent to me that I can access on my tablet?

This will depend on your backups you put in place.

Have you tried to reset through outlook.com yet?

I do not know your email attached to the pc, so i cannot 'look' for you.

Thank you.

Click this link:
outlook.com
Choose the reason that you need password ***** then click Next.

Enter your email address when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.

Enter the characters you see on the screen (this procedure makes us know you're not a robot), then click Next.

If you've added security information to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you provide. You'll be able to set a new password ***** you enter that code on the next screen.

If password ***** doesn't work, try the following steps:

1. If you can't get a security code

If you don't get to your security info ( the alternate phone number or email address), click I didn't get a code when you're prompted for a code at sign-in, or I don't have access to these when you're resetting your password.
You might be asked to fill in a security questionnaire and be asked for some private personal infomation. There may be a 30-day waiting period to get full access to your account. Learn more about security info here: Security info & security codes.

2. If your profile is temporarily blocked

If you've seen a message that your profile is temporarily blocked, we may have detected spam or other fraudulent use of your account, or content that violates our Terms of Use. Learn more here: Profile temporarily blocked.

3. If you recently turned on two-step verification

If you've taken the extra security step of turning on two-step verification, some apps and devices will notify that your password ***** ***** because the apps haven't been updated to prompt you for a security code. Instead of your regular password, you'll need to use an app password ***** get in.

let me know if you get stuck.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin