My son set up a gmail account and he is only 9 years old how…

Customer Question
My son set up...

My son set up a gmail account and he is only 9 years old how do i access this as he doesn't remember his password

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

Just a week or so

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No he used his friends i pad to create the account

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I did not authorize him to be able to have the acct

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

thank you
no

You have to reset the gmail password. Depending on what he put in as a backup will

depend on if you can change it.

Go to gmail.com in that browser.

Enter your email. Then hit forgot password. Then put in the old password ***** thought it was.

Then select your phone as the recovery option.

The web browser page you are in will give you a place to put in the code. Then you can reset

your password ***** there and security measures.

This is how you reset the password. Where did he access it?

He did it from his friends IPAD I tried that it didnt work
It says it cant identify me

What back up measures did he put in if any?

No one can get into those accounts if it is a free gmail. The agreement states the user

must put in current back up measures for each user or a new account must be created.

If he has never signed in on another device you have access too, then you will not be able

to get in. Your only option is to get the password ***** him and delete the account.

Do you know how to delete and can you get him to log into the gmail?

he cant remember the password

Then there is no getting back in that account.

Did he put any recovery methods in?