My computer screen automatically minimizes every second

Customer Question
whether I am searching or...
My computer screen automatically minimizes every second whether I am searching or working, typing. The cursor moves to the right corner of the screen and the cursor minimizes. Very annoying and inconvenient especially when you are working on something important. Please help, how can I fix this?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Could you please tell me if this is a laptop or desktop computer?

Desktop computer

It sounds like there may be a problem with your mouse. Do you have another mouse you could try?

how do I change to new mouse?

Is your mouse wired or wireless?

Wireless

Is the keyboard wireless also and are they the same brand/do they connect to the same base-station?

Keyboard is HP, new mouse is logitech

Okay, so the mouse should have a base-station plugged into the computer by USB. Unplug that. Then plug in the other mouse and see if the problem persists.

Placed USB but problem still persists.

It might be interference between your keyboard and mouse receivers. The best way to test this would be to test two wired devices: a wired keyboard and a wired mouse together. It is best when purchasing wireless devices to get a pair that can work on the same receiver.

I'm sorry but I am leaving for a couple of hours, but if you try that you can contact me to let me know if it works and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

THE original devices, keyboard and mouse are HP products. they have been problematic for a long time now and this is a fairly new computer, keyboard and mouse.
In that case I recommend replacing the HP keyboard as well so both keyboard and mouse are Logitech

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!