I'm confused. I just had 3 people call me and tell me they

Customer Question
Andy, I'm confused. I...
Andy, I'm confused. I just had 3 people call me and tell me they received a message asking for help. The message said "I need your help" please contact me by answering this phone call. only 1 of the 3 opened the response.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Acer
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: only this morning when I turned it on. Microsoft was updating.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
9/14/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 2 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

they were scam phone call

This is what is known as "phone phishing" it is can be a very serious problem if you do let them access your computer.

Basically what they will do is call a lot of phone numbers and say that you have problems. Any actual computer problems you have will be entirely coincidental. Usually what they will do is show you the windows error log which always shows a lot of errors but these are normal and on all windows computers, they are not viruses.

Next they log onto your computer and lie to you about the numerous problems they pretend to find. Next they will attempt to get you to pay a few hundred dollars to "fix" the issues when in fact they actually do nothing too helpful.

Always remember, no legitimate tech support company would ever call you. Your computer does not report to Microsoft or any other company so if any tech support person calls you can trust it is a scam and just hang up.

Since you already paid them I would keep contacting your bank and see if you can have the charges reversed at you were mislead into believing it was microsoft who was calling.

\

Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.

Richard, Computer Specialist