Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I don't have too much space on my Lenovo laptop. How can I

I don't have too much space on my Lenovo laptop. How can I store my photos and videos most efficiently, so I can access them anywhere remotely, to ad photo attachments to different applications online. I have some photos stored on google drive and some on google plus. It doesn't look like I can access my photos from google plus to add them to different online sites or email them as attachments. If I use a external drive then I have to carry the hard drive everywhere with me & I run into the risk of damaging my external drive.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You can connect remotely, but will there be an extra charge?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need your help, but rather not pay $39 in addition to what I am paying already to justanswer.

I sent request for remote service. Please accept it then follow steps here to connect with me

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Please can you provide help via messages. I don't want to pay $39 for remote access. Your offer takes me to pay $39.

What is the total storage capacity of your hard drive and how much space is free?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have 100 GB and 8.89 GB free
  • Open My Computer
  • Right Click C Drive
  • Select properties
  • Click Disk Cleanup
  • Check mark all boxes in the list which appears
  • Click Ok
  • Click Delete files
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I do this periodically. So, I have already done this

Have you cleaned the system files as well?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I did disk cleanup for everything, even my files are compressed

Do you have any cloud account like Google drive, One drive or iCloud?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have google drive

You can sync your important files, photos and videos to google drive and delete them from computer to free up the space as per your Google drive plan.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Can you please explain how to do that? Last time I tried it, I lost my files.
  • Open google drive on web
  • Tap My drive
  • Click Upload Folder/ Upload File
  • Select the files or folders you want to keep on drive
  • Click Open
  • The files will be uploaded to drive
  • Before Deleting them from computer ensure they are synced on drive
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I already have the files on google drive. How do I make sure they are synced? Is there something I need to do in the settings to make sure the files are only deleted from my laptop and not google drive?

Actually, if the files are synced, they will stay on the computer. I would suggest you go to drive.google.com, create an account there and start uploading larger files, when the larger files have been uploaded there you can delete them from your computer and let them stay on Google Drive. "dont sync them", just upload them there from your computer and then delete them from your PC. If you want to filter out more (as to what is consuming space), you can use windirstat (download it) and scan your PC with it, once done it will show you by graph what files are the largest (some may be useless to you) that can be deleted. If i were you, i would just get an external drive or a usb storage drive and move my important data to it, they are cheap and can be bought from Amazon.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have an external storage Drive, but I don't carry the drive with me everywhere I go and carry my laptop and phone. I need to have ready access to the files. So, what are my options then?

You'll need internet, and Google Drive. Sign up on Drive.Google.Com and create a folder, then upload the data there. (don't sync it). You can get a USB as well which is small and can fit into pocket, that will eliminate the need for internet access to access data anywhere.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I already have a google account and have files in google drive. I am afraid if the USB (flash drive) gets lost or damaged I will loose all my data.

Google Drive is your best option then, upload larger files to it, and then delete them from your PC to free up space.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you. Is there a good quality USB that has less chances of file corruption that you might recommend?

I can take a look, what's your size preference?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Over a 100 GB.

https://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-128GB-Flash-memory-Drive/dp/B00P8XQPY4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1506693917&sr=8-3&keywords=100gb+usb (this one has 128gb, with 2789 reviews)