Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Pearl, i turn my computer on screen says HP and a snow

Customer Question

Pearl, i turn my computer on screen says HP and a snow picture comes up i click on whatever in lower right corner and a place comes up to type my password, which i do, then a blank screen comes up WHATS WRONG
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: oh boy HP AND I JUST BOUGHT IT TWO WEEKS AGO and i'm on windows 10 and AOL 9.8.2
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: if i sit here long enough with that power on blank screen the computer will work and i can continue
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you please remove the power cable then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Connect the power cable, power it on and tell me how it then performs please