Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have found something on my computer I have no idea what it

Customer Question

I have found something on my computer I have no idea what it is or how it got there listed under desktop. The other night I also found another network that started with dummy and continued after that but didn't think to write it down. But was able to remove it from network. I also found that I have an infrared ability turned on after I have made sure it was disabled.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It is an ASUS
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not that I know of. This is what I found and won't allow me to remove and says security info for it not available Here is the info
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: microsoft.mspaint_3.1708.14027.0_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. What you listed, does it appear as an icon on your desktop?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can you remove it and the infra red?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Your payment for remote service has failed. This occurs with some credit cards. If you have a different card you can use, please try again, otherwise we can continue to chat here.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

How have you tried to remove it yourself?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tried to remove it and cannot do so several times
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Okay I understand that, but how did you try to remove it?