Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Has my computer been hacked via the Equinox recent hack?

Customer Question

has my computer been hacked via the Equinox recent hack?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Dell Inspiron 15, Windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes . . the Windows updates and the Spyware updates
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there anything else you need to know to determine if this computer ha been hacked via the recent Equinox hack?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to assist you today.

To check if your personal information was breached during this specific Equinox hack, please use the following link:

https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/potential-impact/

Click the "Check Potential Impact" button, and then provide your last name and the last six digits of your Social Security number. Based on that information provided, you will receive a message indicating whether your personal information may have been impacted by this incident.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the five stars at the top of this page > Submit. Thank you,