Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My desktop computer was not working for awhile after it shut

Customer Question

My desktop computer was not working for awhile after it shut itself off one evening and i am not sure why it revived itself, but it did. In the meantime i began using my lapop which had password ***** was resolved and we settled on a password ***** works. Now my desktop has the old password ***** i need to reset it to match the other, I guess. I am writing from my desktop and i got into it withthe old password. i am nt having much luck filling out you screen for password ***** prove i am not a robot. Can you help
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?
Customer: It is a Dell XPS, and presumably you are talking about the password ***** i used it yesterday for the first time since June or so
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, not since yeasterday. My laptop has just done that. __Rosemary
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know how to back up my hard drive.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I can help. If the 'I am not a robot' test is being an obstacle, I could easily connect to your PC for a small added fee and get through that part for you, with you entering the correct password ***** that I would not have to see and would not see ... if you agree to that.

Otherwise, if you'd rather not have a remote control session, I can perhaps instruct you as to how to get through the "I am not a robot" test OK. Let me know how you would like me to help.