Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a Mac running Yosemite and Apple Mail. I have had

Customer Question

Hey Andy. I have a Mac running Yosemite and Apple Mail. I have had intermittent but recurring issues with Mail and Postbox where I start to write and email and the wrong sender (me) email address comes up. So I change it before sending to teh corr3ect one. Whne teh emails are returned, clicking my name and showing the address, the original wrong one shows up as my address. Lately, thinking I am sending an email from my willruggles1 account, the replies show my address as my wife's email douglassrankin1. JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account? Customer: gmail JA: Have you installed any updates recently? Customer: Not recently. And this has been a problem before in Postbox, but the email that always replaced willruggles1 was willruggles0. JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you? Customer: Yes. The other problem I have with gmail IMAP, is in only one account, ******, messages will often come in, usually from new correspondents, and it will move the message to the deleted items folder of that account.

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris