Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Resolution Specialist at Wipro Bpo Services
97763159

We are getting calls from someone who claims to be from

Customer Question

we are getting calls from someone who claims to be from microsoft and is reporting a breach on my computer
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: apple standard software
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that it is very disturbing for someone to tell you that your computer has been compromised
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Moses C replied 1 month ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.

Expert:  Moses C replied 1 month ago.

Microsoft and Apple do not send unsolicited email messages or make unsolicited phone calls to request personal or financial information or fix your computer. Treat all unsolicited phone calls or pop-ups with skepticism. Do not provide any personal information.

Expert:  Moses C replied 1 month ago.

These fake pop-ups are nothing more than a scam, and you should not purchase anything from numbers listed in these alerts.
Whatever you do, please do not call the phone number for support because it is not Microsoft’s but rather a group of scammers waiting to rob you of hundreds of dollars under false pretenses.

Expert:  Moses C replied 1 month ago.

The fake Tech Support pages are usually malicious websites which are used by cyber criminals to promote their remote support services. These Tech Support pop-ups will state that you computer is infected and that you need to call their paid support service to remove the infection. This is a bogus claim, and an attempt to make you pay for their malware removal “services”

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we appreciate your quick response and feel better now thanks JM GREEN
Expert:  Moses C replied 1 month ago.

Please take a moment to click on the star on the top of this chat page to rate my service.
Thank you and come back if you need any assistance.