Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Whenever I get to the info page it will not accept my

Customer Question

Whenever I get to the info page it will not accept my telephone no because I live in Spain and the page has the American prefix +1
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: A Russian sounding person rang me on my fixed landline. He claimed to be from Microsoft and tried to prove that he knew my computer identification no.He added that Microsoft would block/turnoff the computer (unique he said ). He told me that he needed to access my computer to remove malware which only he could deal with. Others have tried this before and so I report this to You.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Only the updates for windows 10, they are on auto
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I hope this is sufficient.I have been to the payment page 3 times now and it will not accept my Spainsh tlelephmoe no., which is
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

First of all Microsoft do not call anyone and ask customers to access anyone's computer.Do not allow them to access your computer in any case.Cna you send me the link/URL of the info page where it is not accepting your telephone number?