I have just received a telephone call from a man saying that…

Customer Question
I have just received...

I have just received a telephone call from a man saying that My computer is infected by malware and that he is from Microsoft to help me. He told me that he proves this by telling me my unique computer serial number which only Microsoft know and that within two hours Microsoft will have to "cut "off my machine because it is illegal. I told him that others have tried this before and that I will report the call to Microsoft. My telephone no in Spainis 0034961893125, ay name Peter ***

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

My Model Is a Dell inspiron 3600 and I am using Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No, although windows updates are set on auto.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

Is it okay if i remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly check the status of your licensewhile you can watch me doing the same on your screen?

Andy, Computer Consultant