Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

I have lost my Microsoft, it will not start up and has been

Good morning, I have lost my Microsoft, it will not start up and has been like this for two days.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Cooler Master built by a computer nerd family friend about 4 years ago. I have done a cleanup with Reimage.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just want my microsoft back.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Do you mean Windows will not start?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can not get into microsoft to view my e-mails.

Are you referring to Outlook, Livemail, or which one please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am with Microsoft Outlook 2010.

Okay. Has it been deleted or can you explain more as to what may have happened?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not literate with computers, it was ok and working two days ago and will not start up when I click on the logo at the base of the screen.

Okay try this. Click the Windows start icon and type Outlook.exe /safe, and press Enter.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, this did not show any results.

Click on the start icon again and scroll down to see if you can locate the Microsoft Office folder. If you do, click that and see if Outlook is located there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is on the list.

Can you start it from there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The yellow microsoft box starts up buy nothing happens. I have let that run for a long time to see if it would connect, but did not.

Have you installed any new software other than the normal Windows updates?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No.

Do you have the original installation disc?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This was installed by the family member from his business in Geraldton W.A. The only discs I have are Windows 7 home premium and Microsoft Encarta 2006, plus Microsoft super pack for XP.

Well you can try this to see if it will correct the problem. Open up the Control Panel on your PC and show All Control Panel items, if necessary and click on Programs, then Programs and Features. Find Microsoft Office 2010 in the list and highlight it. Click Change. Select Repair and Continue then follow the prompts
After the repair is finished, please try the sync again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will do that, thank you.

After the repair is finished, please try and start again.

I made a minor correction from my first instructions.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you I got that.

Good. Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will do.

If you found my assistance helpful, please remember to rate my service. Have a nice day!