Just had a telephone call from Microsoft about emergency --

Customer Question
Just had a telephone...

Just had a telephone call from Microsoft about emergency -- my computer is at risk. Asked me to call microsoft at(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Windows 10 on an Acer pc.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No don't know of anything else

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

That was a bogus service and not associated with Microsoft in any way. They cold call users to try and trick them into allowing them access to their PCs and paying for their scam "services." Microsoft will never place unsolicited calls to users unless their services are specifically requested for.

Your system is just safe; you simply need to ignore these types of calls as they come.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.
And, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the five stars at the top of this page > Submit. Thank you,