Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  IT Manager at Wood Group PSN
94743361

I replaced a 6830 printer because print heads failed. New

I replaced a 6830 printer because print heads failed. New printer had bad quality, then failed to print in color now won't print anything. Just feeds paper through. I've done all maintenance and have new print cartridges in.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 6830 Officejet pro all in one. Brand new. Bought on Amazon via 3rd party seller but is new
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC HP ProBook with Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Bad quality since day 1 ( 2months) then color failure happened a week ago and today no print will come out at all.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I ha d installed brand new HP cartridges in the previous 6830. Print heads failed before I had printed even 1 page. I moved those cartridges to the new printer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I spelled out the timeframe in my question. Splotchy black printing has been happening since I got printer a couple of months ago. No color printing just happened late last week. No print at all just happened today.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I bought extended warranty. If you think this is a defective printer I will follow through with that approach. If you think this is a fixable situation I will let you have a go. If your work doesn't fix it am I still obliged to pay?

No you're not

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If there are just settings messed up it seems like you could share where I should look and I can fix, no?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
done with power off. printer back on now
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are we still connected? Answer format is very confusing.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey, Kris, are you there???
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If I don't get more of an answer than what I have seen I want my money back. You can't just get me online only to upsell me with no effort at providing a response to my question.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Closing down for now. Don't expect to see anything else. It would be nice if you could at least provide a status if there is going to be a delay. 24 hours is pretty vague.

Yes I'm here

When you opted me out and pressed that button it freezes me out, I had to get a moderator to unlock it.

Are you still here?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Okay, can you tell me the type of inks you are using in it and when they were last changed?

It sounds like the inking system has became blocked - either the pump or lines.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HP Certified cartridges. They were brand new when I got the printer within the last 2 months or less. Much shorter time than I usually experience on cartridges.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ink meter shows all cartridges at acceptable levels
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have taken them out and replaced them and made sure the vents are plugged

OK - there is a few things we can try here, however, it will void the warrenty.

As it stands as it's only 2 months old, you'll get a new one for free but we we try these steps the warrenty will void.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Since I bought the printer thru a 3rd party warranty is already expired. I have an extended warranty for replacement for 3 years. Happy to try anything that might fix the problem through

Okay, can you perform the reset I asked you to do above with the inks out please, once completed, turn it back on and let the ink error appear.

Do not connect the cartridges.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok. cartridges are still out and printer is back on. Error message appeared

OK you need to take the power cable out and turn it back on, while it is loading cut the power.

Repeat this 3 times, it will force the printer to initialize. On the 4th, keep it off, put the inks back in and let it load up..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
cartridges in or out?

Out please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok. Unplugged and interrupted restart 3 times and left plugged in on 4th

OK Insert the inks and let it start

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
done

Any difference?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
nothing but a blank page. I think I was right about this being defective. Need to claim the warranty replace I think.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Printer acts like it's actually printing the page but no ink is deposited

Yes your right, it's a hardware issue and although we tried all the service checklists it looks like it's that way.

Let me know when your replacement is here, I will set that up for you, no extra costs.

Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Kris:
You did great. All I wanted was to go through all the checks. Very nice and I will give you 5/5. How can I reconnect without getting charged again? Instructions?

Thanks.

Just save this page to your bookmarks (Ctrl + D) and come back at any time

Thanks

Kris