I just received a call from an Oliver Rush advising that he…

Customer Question
I just received a...

I just received a call from an Oliver Rush advising that he works for Google and stating that my email account has been accessed from Texas and someplace else. He said his extension is 122 at phone 1-***-**-****. Please tell me if this is accurate and if it is true, please delete that account and I will set up another.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?

Are they legimate?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Just a change of password ***** user name

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Should I call this guy back or can you guys help me

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/12/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, that was a scam.

Google will never call you to notify you about your account so please do not call back the phone number and ignore their message.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I would like the knowledge so that in the future I can do it myself.

Unfortunately, that was a scam.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.