Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I also got a fraud alert from Helixstack and they said they

Customer Question

I also got a fraud alert from Helixstack and they said they fixed my problem. I have not had any new antiviral, etc. in about the last 9 mos. I have an older computer. Have I been hacked? Is this company legitimate?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It's an HP, and I'm running windows 7, I think.
JA: What's the model of your HP?
Customer: HP slimline?
JA: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I purchased it about 8 years ago. I've brought it into a shop for occasional repairs.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't believe so. Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Yes it is a scam alert, they fake this to try to get you to purchase their software and services, it does not mean your computer is infected though you should have anti virus software installed regardless, else you are at high risk. A proper virus will not let you know when it infects you, so this is why it is important to have anti virus software installed.

I can recommend a good free one (for private use, not companies) do you wish to have this?

Please let me know