I just purchased a Dell Power Companion PW7015L for my

Hi. I just purchased...

Hi. I just purchased a Dell Power Companion PW7015L for my Inspiron 15 (3543) notebook on the grounds of it supposedly being compatible, according to the Dell website, with the notebook. I can't get it to charge the notebook even when fully charged itself.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Windows 10 Creators (v 1703). I have successfully flashed the BIOS as per the instructions, but still get an error message saying the adapter isn't recognised and won't charge.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Dell? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Late April last year. I've tried various recommendations through the Dell support centre, but perhaps you have a further suggestion in case I missed something?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that according to everything I've looked at, my system is running perfectly well, there are no outstanding updates, and the Power Companion itself is fully up to date. I'd like to add that the unit I purchased was fully sealed and untampered with on delivery, and only I have tried to use it. A few months ago I regularly used a different unit (exactly the same model) on a Vostro with no problems.

9/12/2017
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Connect your phones charger to one of the USB ports on it please

Does the phone charge?

Hi. I had already checked it on my phone and it charges fine, but not the laptop. I just rechecked the phone to confirm. No problems there.

Thanks

Is the Laptop charging from AC power (a powe socket)?

No problem there, either.

on your AC adapter, on the box, what watt does it show? 43W or 65W?

also, when you connected the laptop, did you press the power button on the power companion?

65W, and I pressed the power button each time to no avail. I've just checked again, all 5 charge LEDs light up on the charger pack, but still the same error message on the PC. Perhaps I should send you the message (I see there's an "add files" option below).

Ok, I did not see here you were getting an error, what is the error message?

Did you get it?

Thanks, ***** ***** not putting out 65W so it is not using it, the adapter is faulty, thiis is the cause of it

It will charge up leser items like your phone as the power demand is less, but not your Laptop

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Thanx for your help. If you could just confirm categorically that the Dell PW7015L is the correct portable power pack to be using, and is fully compatible with the Inspiron 15 (3543) on Windows 10 v1703, it will be a great help when I feed back to the on-line retailer. Some of the Dell sites list the PC as compatible, while some don't mention the 15 (3543) specifically - which is why they're suggesting this is not the right charger for my laptop! I'm attaching a snip from the Dell website with the Inspiron 15 (3543) highlighted in yellow/orange (you'll need to scroll down), for your ease of reference. No problem with the rating, I'll see to it...

It is, this I double checked for you as soon as I tool your question, directly on the Dell site, they say 100% it will work for you.

This is why we know it is faulty.

Richard, Computer Specialist
Copacetic - thanx for your prompt assistance and enjoy the day further. if I've sent this message twice, it's due to my having confused issues while submitting the rating. Cheers ...