Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

How do I delete pictures from the iCloud? yosemite, i think.

How do I delete pictures from the iCloud?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: yosemite, i think. How can I find out?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Adobe
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none. I just want to delete some of my photo's that are in the iCloud.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Just to clarify, do you access your photos using a Mac computer or an iPad/iPhone?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
all three. that's the problem. I try to delete photos on my iPad and they show right back up.

PS: Please ignore the automated remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent by our site and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session, and I'll reply back to you below now.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. When the secure remote assistance screen appeared i exited.

OK, please do this on the iPad now:

Open up the Photos app, then tap Photos at the bottom of the screen, then view your photos and videos by moments.

Tap Select, tap one or more photos or videos, then tap Delete.

Done that, go to the Recently Deleted album on the iPad, tap Select, tap to select one or more items, tap Delete, then tap Delete again.

Finally, check again - do these photos come back this time?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I find recently deleted ?

In the Photos app on the iPad, tap on "Albums" at the bottom, and then tap the Recently Deleted album. Do keep me posted; thanks,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
got it.thanks

OK, please delete the photos from this album first, and then check if they come back this time. I'll be here; thank you.

Basically, your deleted photos will only be permanently deleted (from iCloud as well) as long as you delete them from the Recently Deleted album/folder as well (once you delete them on one of your devices.) Otherwise if you don't delete them from "Recently Deleted", iCloud will bring them back once you access photos using another device itself.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the five stars at the top of this page > Submit. Thank you,