Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

What is error 1? just got hooked up at new place and the

Customer Question

what is error 1? just got hooked up at new place and the internet is working on laptop
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: dell inspirion 17r windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not in a few weeks - the magic jack was packed for the last month cuz I was moving and just completed the move but still got email voicemails if anyone called my number
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: does the phone jack have to be plugged in to just the magicjack and the magicjack into the modem or is there a splitter needed because they both have to be plugged in to the wall jack? Sorry if confusing, I can't quite remember how I had it set up and it worked perfectly
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

You are getting this error code because your MagicJack device is not connected to your modem/router now. To resolve this issue, please make sure that one end of an ethernet cable is plugged into your modem/router and the other end into your magicJack itself.

Please keep me posted on the results below. Thank you,