Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My email account is frozen. How can i fix this, yahoo, not

Customer Question

my email account is frozen. How can i fix this
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: yahoo
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not sure how to answer. updates have occurred because my home page is different. I think I have too many e-mails
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i received the "warning", but I have been unable to get many deleted because somehow the email became "starred items". I can delete regular mail but not the starred items
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?

Thank you,
Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I use Yahoo to access my email.
My account is with yahoo. How can you help

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not want ongoing tech support. I just want to unfreeze my yahoo mail. somehow instead of Yahoo I have this site.

I very much understand. We can just fix this one issue for you. Do you wish to continue?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do you represent yahoo? is there a way to have yahoo do this since they froze it? too many e-mail
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i did not receive an answer

We are not Yahoo. We do support Yahoo and can help with any issue related to Yahoo. Yahoo has no connection to the problem of your computer freezing. I have millions of emails in my Yahoo account and it doesn't freeze. It is a matter of configuring the e-mail application correctly.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry for all the questions. I am trying to understand.. the computer is not frozen... just the email account.

Thank you for the update. I have been working with email systems for almost 20 years. I understand what you are saying. May I quickly remotely connect to your system and fix the issue that you are having, which is the connection between your computer and your Yahoo account?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if the account is deactivated and you are not yahoo... how does this work that you can reactivate and you are not yahoo. trying to understand why this is not being done with the actual business that did it. thank you for your patience. and I am a little afraid to have you remotely in the computer for reasons of fraud
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if i get this one issue resolved, I can cancel and just pay 5$?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i did not receive a response

You can always cancel your account at any time. The $5 was a deposit. The full cost of this question was $47 with the $5 included.

I understand your anxiety regarding allowing someone to remotely connect. I have remotely connected into computers, scores of thousands of times with no problems.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You still have not answered the why of the deactivation.... and the re
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Reason

Is it deactivated or is it frozen? What do you mean when you say that it is "frozen" or "deactivated"?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My account is Deactivated. That is the word yahoo used... all other areas work well on the computer... frozen was my word ... sorry for confusion... that's why I think I need yahoo for this

What is telling you that it is "Deactivated"?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
An email sent on Saturday

To which email account was this email sent?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My email address

Was it sent to the Yahoo account in question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yahoo sent this... yes. I have only one address... it is through att. Net.... ummmmm maybe I should try them

So, Yahoo sent an email to your Yahoo email account telling you that it was deactivated? That is not really how it is done. You can just ignore that email message. Does your email account still function?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sent by yahoo

That is not making sense to me. "Yahoo" sent an email to the Yahoo account, which worked, and stated that the email account being used and sent to was not active?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yahoo sent it Saturday... today I cannot open email

That emails sounds like it was a scam. Did you open the email, click a link in the email, enter your Yahoo password ***** the resulting page?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did open. It did not ask for password

That may be the problem. When you attempt to sign in now, what happens?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My email is visible... I se what has been sent... just can't open them

May I remotely connect right now at no extra cost and see the problem in action so that I can fix it for you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have already been charged... I did not agree Jason for remote services
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please cancel that...

Cancel what? You have not been charged for any remote service. You have been charged a total of $47 which is what this task costs.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What happened to 5 dollars... please cancel

I mentioned that over one hour ago. The $5 was a deposit. That should have been explained to you. I am sorry for the confusion. I will send in your refund request.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you .. I was trying to understand how you could help... when will my mother new be restored?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Money