Someone called me a while ago and said he is with microsoft…

Customer Question
Someone called me a...

Someone called me a while ago and said he is with microsoft and that it was not working and to do certain things on my computor while he talked me through.ihung up,

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Toshiba satalite #C55-A5285

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
That is a scan Microsoft would never contact you in that manner.
Did you allow them access to your computer?
no
thank you i will continue as i have been doing

Yes, that will be great

Just remember that no legitimate company will call or contact you. It is definitely a scam to get you to purchase their product.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.
Thank you very much!