I set up a password on my desktop computer to protect it…

Customer Question
I set up a...

I set up a password ***** my desktop computer to protect it while i was travelling. Now i cannot remember the password. When i hit reset they say i need an external stick which i don't have. is there another way to reset? I have other devises on Ms365 online So can you send a reset code to my email?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

Windows 7. I think my computer is an LG

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.

Did you use a microsoft account and password ***** lock the computer or a local account on the computer?

I used the feature that was on my computer. I assume that was on Windows 7

okay, does it give you any other options on the lock screen when you enter the wrong password?

How can you securely connect to it when i cannot even get in?

Those are automated optional additional services in case you need them or have access to your computer.

Does it give you any other options on the lock screen when you enter the wrong password?

no.
Tech Support Specialist: arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist

I am Fiyaz, one of the expert in computer category. I would like to assist you with your issue and would be your next active expert

By the way, do you any of these...

1: Second computer (It should have a burner to burn password ***** disc)

2: Windows 7 Installation disc

Ping me when you are back

Thanks