Louie, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I had 49 plus dollars taken from my account, automatically

Hi Pearl, I had 49 plus dollars taken from my account, automatically and unknown to me, but that doesn't matter so much, bu when I tried to down load it told me that there was another avg program on my computer which was incompatable and it wouldnot download. What shall I do cheers Bill
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: You are the first, I am an old geezer and not familiar with this sort of thing
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks, ***** ***** sure that there is something I should ask but do not know, the the download was for AVG PC Tuneup, thanks Bill

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, what is the Operating System (OS) of this computer? ...Mac, Windows 7, Vista, 8, 10
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks Louie, I thought I was getting into AVG, My system is windows 10 . I had an email from avg telling me they had taken the money and I could download the new product. they sent
AVG Order number:(###) ###-####
Invoice, Order Confirmation & License
Dear ***** Howitt,
Thank you for choosing AVG.
You'll find the details of your order listed below. We've also attached a PDF of your invoice which we recommend you keep in a safe place for future reference.
Product Delivery Unit Price Qty Item Price
Renewal AVG PC TuneUp
1 computer ( 12 months ) Download
AUD 49.99 1 AUD 49.99
Key TMK6J-MIRWL-JXV7E-A66C9-9Q7PE-OY2FD
Subtotal: AUD 49.99
VAT: AUD 0.00
Total: AUD 49.99
Shipping info:
First Name: William City: Narrandera
Last Name: Howitt State/Province: New South Wales
Address:***** Country: AUSTRALIA
Zip Code/Postal Code: 2700
Installation and Activation
Your license number or login name is ***** ***** You may need this license number / login name to complete the installation process and activate your product.
AVG PC TuneUp
Installation Files
Documentation
To activate your license renewal:
1. Open the AVG program
2. Open the Help menu, and then click Reactivate.
3. We recommend to use the copy&paste method to enter your new license number into the appropriate field and then confirm.
See FAQ 2010 for a description of the copy&paste method.
Sales and Technical Support
Your order number is(###) ###-#### Should you have any further queries regarding your order, you will need to quote this number.If you have any sales questions or technical / virus-related issues, please visit our free online support resources available in the AVG Support Center.An answer to your question might also be found in the AVG FAQ section or in the AVG video tutorials section. These FAQ's and video tutorials give you a great overview of the features and functionalities in AVG.Additional Terms and ConditionsPlease note that your current subscription will automatically extend (formerly known as our Continuous Protection Service) until you cancel it at the then-current subscription extension fee rate. If you purchase during a promotion, your subscription will be extended at the non-promotional price. When it is time for payment of the subscription extension fee, the same credit/debit card you’ve used for this purchase will be automatically charged (15 days prior to the end of your subscription).To cancel your subscription, please click here. Please note that canceling your subscription may result in loss of protection against online threats unless you renew your protection manually every year.At the time of purchase, you confirmed that you've read and agreed to AVG's Privacy Policy and End User License Agreement which govern your use of the purchased AVG products.You also agreed that your subscription will continue at the price you initially paid until you cancel it. If you purchased this product during a promotion, your subscription will continue after the initial subscription period at the non-promotional price shown during checkout. If the subscription price changes, we will notify you. If you wish to cancel your subscription now, you may do so by clicking here. Please note this will only prevent your subscription from continuing after the initial subscription period – it will not provide a refund for your current subscription, and you will retain access to the product you purchased for the remainder of your current subscription period.Each subscription period will be the same length as the period that you selected in your initial purchase. Fifteen days prior to the end of the current subscription period, you will be charged for each continuing period using your original payment method. In advance of that date, you will receive an email reminding you that your subscription will continue unless canceled and the price at which it will continue.You have the right to receive a refund in accordance with applicable conditions.If you wish to retain this acknowledgement, simply print it, or retain it in your email folder.
AVG eCommerce CY Limited, Gatwickstraat 9 – 39, 1043 GL Amsterdam, The Netherlands
© 2016 AVG Netherlands BV. All Rights Reserved.
AVG is a registered trademark of AVG Netherlands BV
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. View our Privacy Policy.
In addition to the EULA the Subscription Agreement terms apply.
This order is sold by AVG eCommerce CY Limited.
I tried to download nothing happened then they said the new product was incompatible with one already there cheers Bill
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I can't afford 55thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What is happening Louie?

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads & offers.

And it would appear that you would have to take this up with AVG.

Have you tried bringing this to their attention?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I will try that now thanks Louie

Yes please.

Dial Toll Free AVG Support Australia Number +61-283206061.

Hi again,

Is further information/assistance still needed with this issue?