Can you tell me whether a certain company which wants to…

Customer Question
Can you tell me...

Can you tell me whether a certain company which wants to establish "Microsoft-approved" security services with me is valid. I will give you the name of the firm if you need it. Thanks, Pearl

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

It is a desktop PC running Windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Nothing special that I can recall.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, but many thanks.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Companies that use the term "Microsoft approved" are likely to be a scam as Microsoft does not issue

such approvals. If your were contacted

by e-mail, pop-up on your computer screen or phone call and told that your computer had a problem, a virus infection

or some kind of security vulnerability, then this is most definitely a scam that could cost you hundreds of dollars or more.

Is this your situation?