I'm locked out of email account. Outlooklive. I was trying

Customer Question
I'm locked out of email...
I'm locked out of email account.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: outlooklive
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no, I was trying to change password ***** my setting is two setting verify and I have home phone recording set to not except solicitor calls so when they called with reset code I get no answer. I've tried so many times it has locked me out.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
9/10/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

2 Things to start.

1. We cannot troubleshoot until you let that 24 hour lock expire. Each time you try to log in, you will start the timer over.

Please leave the email alone and dont try to gain access as there is no way to lift that lock. The 'system' believes you are

trying to hack someones email even though its you. It isnt a person who has locked you out which is why we cant gain access to it.

2. We need to disable that option on your phone before we begin troubleshooting tomorrow.

Please advise

my email address is [email protected] .com thru outlook live.com
no

I do not understand. What is saying locked? This recovery is coming up as successful.

Please advise. I know the message you are referring to, but it is not giving me that when i try to review back up options.

Please advise.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support?

Thank you for your response,
~Franklin

written support

Did you ever use that email and use 'autofill' in a web browser on your pc successfully?

If so, which one?

What browser are you using? firefox/chrome/safari/internet explorer/edge?

Dark blue e is for edge on the taskbar. Light blue e is internet explorer on 10.

Firefox is a blue globe with an orange fox on it and Chrome is a red/green/yellow/blue circle.

Or, we can try to disable the 'spam' setting on your phone to get a text with recovery as they

have a text option too for cell phones. Which one do you have? Landline attached to it or a cell?

i use safari

Go to your Safari menu bar, click Safari > Preferences then select the Autofill tab.

Click the Edit buttton to the right of User names and passwords to see stored User names.

Your passwords are stored in Keychain Access located in /Applications/Utlities

In the Keychain Access window select Passwords on the left.

Type in the name of a website you want to see your password ***** in the search field top righrt corner of that window then double click that Keychain then select the Attributes tab then click: Show password You may be prompted for your admin password.

Look for your gmail password ***** if it is stored.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please close, my granddaughter fixed my problem. No-one at your end seemed to know what the problem was.
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago

Ok. You can go here.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Andy, Computer Consultant